Since its founding in 1881, Seiko Holdings Corporation has introduced one revolutionary product after another, including the first wrist watch in Japan in 1913 and the first quartz watch in the world in 1969.
Over the years Seiko has placed the emphasis on meeting its unchanging goal of providing customers with reassurance and satisfaction through "reliable quality".
SEIKO believes that "reliable quality" is an essential standard for the recognition of its products and services and a point of true communication between SEIKO and its customers. "There is nothing to worry about because it's SEIKO". "I'm glad I chose SEIKO." "SEIKO is truly reliable." It is this kind of praise from customers that motivates SEIKO to move on to the next step.
SEIKO boasts more than 40 years of active involvement in sports timing and sponsorship since the 1964 Tokyo Olympic Games, including 6 Olympic Games (’94, ’98, ’02 Winter Olympics), 8 IAAF World Championships and many hundreds of other international events and sports from swimming to cycling and Paralympic events.
SEIKO: Stopwatch Global Standard
What should I do if my Seiko needs repair?
The service and repair division of SEIKO Corporation of America (SCA) is called "Coserv." If you need your stopwatch serviced or refurbished, there are several things you should remember prior to taking or sending it to the Coserv location:
- Fully describe the problem or symptoms you are having with the stopwatch.
- Include your warranty or proof of purchase if the stopwatch is still within the warranty period.
- If mailing, make certain your name and address are shown both on the outside of the package as a return address, and on the correspondence inside describing the problem. Also, keep a record of the case number (hyphenated) and the serial number from the back of your watch for reference.
- Always insure the package to protect yourself in case of a loss in transit and to make tracing possible if necessary.
- Package the stopwatch well to protect it in transit.
Send your SEIKO product to:
Coserv - Mahwah
1111 Macarthur Blvd
Mahwah, NJ 07430-2124
If your SEIKO is out of warranty, you will receive a written estimate outlining all repair costs. You can respond to the estimate by returning the postcard or calling the service center.